Monday, February 5, 2007

Telling a story

so i told the following story at a superbowl gathering. i tried to make it be a monolouge but there were several questions that were thrown out as I told the story, realizing that with all my close friends, we interupt and overlap many many times in our conversations, story telling is no different.

So I woke up Saturday with a headache, oh my god, I felt so bad. And thought I can’t drive there, but then he texted me and I was like I have to. If I said I would come and then didn’t show… I mean it took him a week to get over me being two and half hours late last Sunday, granted I didn’t call and I don’t think he is over it yet, so anyway…
I couldn’t take a shower because my hot water was out which I think I did by flipping a switch and not turning it back on, anyways, I ran a whole tub of water, and go to stick my hand in it and it is like ICE cold. Have a headache, can’t take a bathe, this is not looking good. So I talked to jess and she was like GO. And I I was like I said I would go so I have to go. She told me just take myself and show up with dirty hair, he wouldn’t care. So dirty and all, and with lots of medicine I packed a bag and left. I showed up in tyler and he was so excited. I was so excited, but we were cool. And I get to his suite and..
No we didn’t have the talk, but listen to this, the universe and all of it’s humor.

I get there to the hotel, motel, hotel Holiday inn, which is tyler is like as good as it gets and we’re in the room for like two minutes and then then there’s a knock and there’s this lady with a tray and there is fruit and cheese and champagne and wine. I know so sweet and he’s trying to be romantic. And I am like I am dirty and have a headache. And He was like lets drink champagne and I was like you are on your own guy. Too much a whole bottle the night before. So anyway I was like no champagne for me and no I didn’t drink any, finally at dinner that night managed a couple of drinks. So told him about your wine, my champagne and clays beer. Nothing like an eight month old, I mean nine month old. Oh my gosh, I can’t believe she is almost a year. So we just watched a movie, and I kinda napped and read and then…

We went to this restaurant, shogun and it has a couple locations, we thought it was the sushi location, turns out it’s the um, um place where they cook infront of you, you know benihana style. So they set us at our table, we are the only ones in there and like three people come by our table and they and then they’re like is it your anniversary?, um, no, your birthday, um no… finally after the second person asked us the same question were finally just would say like it is Saturday night.
So our chef comes and he is really funny but the first question he ask is and he is like so are you married, and we are like no. so she is your girlfriend and I laugh and he just sits there, and the chef is like he didn’t say anything. And we kinda both just spit out it’s Saturday night.
No we were totally not hands all over each other, we were just sitting. He’s a republican. I know, it’s because his parents were, I know me with a republican. Give him some time and he’ll be a democrat. (haha)
And which point we both take a large sip of our drinks.
It was a nice dinner but the question kinda hung in the air, you know.
No it hasn’t been nine months, since august, you know almost six months.
So no we didn’t have the talk but…

1 comment:

moxie said...

Ah, awkward moments and conversations with sort-of boyfriends you don't see often......